The following are some helpful resources for providers or healthcare organizations who want to learn more about how to get involved with, or to utilize, telepsychiatry. Disclaimer: consult with a qualified attorney prior to practicing as the rules and regulations for telehealth change quickly depending on the jurisdictions of both provider and patient.
- Guidance For Licensing Medical Professionals
- States Waiving Licensure Requirements/Renewals in Response to COVID-19 – April 3, 2020
- States Waiving Licensure Requirements/Renewals in Response to COVID-19 – March 31, 2020
Other Policy Resources
- COVID-19: Telehealth Policy Updates
- Federation of State Medical Boards, Model Policy for Telemedicine
- Center for Connected Health Policy: Dedicated to integrating telehealth virtual technologies into the health care system through advancing sound policy based on objective research and informed practices. CCHP actively researches and analyzes important telehealth policy issues, engages influential public and private sectors through analyses and reports, and provides key telehealth policy resources nationwide.
- Practice Guidelines for Video-Based Online Mental Health Services
- Best Practices in Videoconferencing-Based Telemental Health
- COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Health Care Providers Fact Sheet
- DEA COVID-19 Response
Mental Health links
- PsychHub (official partner of Orbit Health): Helpful videos about mental health for providers and consumers
- Telepsychiatry Toolkit
- California Telehealth Resource Center: A leading source of expertise and comprehensive knowledge in the development and operation of telemedicine and telehealth programs.
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Telemedicine Association: The leading international resource and advocate promoting the use of advanced remote medical technologies. ATA and its diverse membership works to fully integrate telemedicine into transformed healthcare systems to improve quality, equity, and affordability of healthcare throughout the world.